As part of my skin care routine, I treat myself to a good face scrub once a week to get rid of any dry, old skin and keep it looking healthy. I’ve used a number of different branded scrubs (Benefit, Lush etc….) which I LOVE, but when I came across this home made scrub, I thought I’d give it a go.
Originally posted on Aduna, this site sells a range of brilliant superfoods and has loads of recipes to go along with it!! Using their Baobab powder to give this scrub a boost, there is so much natural goodness (keep reading for more details!), your skin will definately thank you!
- 2 tsp Aduna Baobab Superfruit Powder
- 1 tbsp jumbo oats
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Using a pestle and mortar, grind the oats into a fine powder
- Place the oat powder into a bowl and mix in the remaining ingredients. You can put the coconut oil in solid – as the warmth from your hands will soon melt it and it will quickly form into a paste.
- Gently massage the scrub into your skin. It is quite oily – due to the coconut oil (d’uh!), but the fine oat powder will do a good job of exfoliating your skin gently
- Rinse with warm water then pat your skin dry with a towel
It makes enough for you to use at another date – just make sure you keep it in an airtight container.
- Naturally anti-bacterial, honey is a great source for acne treatment and prevention (I’ve been suffering with bad skin round my chin recently and this scrub does seem to have helped)
- With its soothing and moisturising components, it helps to boost complexion and will assist in giving your skin a natural glow
- Opens up pores, which means that the scrub will be able to get right in and unblock and clarify the skin!
- By blending down the large oats, it creates a smooth and gentle powder – perfect for using as an exfoliator
- The perfect ingredient to lock in some moisture to your skin. For a full list of benefits (and uses) of coconut oil, check my post I ❤️ Coconut Oil.
- Is has high antioxidant levels (which prevent premature skin aging) and is commonly used as a food supplement to assist with increasing energy level – amongst other things!
- Containing high levels of vitamin C (which are vital for cell protection, regeneration and healthy blood vessels) and polyphenols (antioxidant plant chemicals – which are often used in anti-ageing skin care formulations) it also makes it the perfect beauty booster
It’s left my skin feeling sooooo soft, so I would definately recommend giving it a shot.
My only negative is that my little pooch won’t stop trying to lick my face now!! 😀 I don’t blame him though as it does smell amazing (and if a little bit gets in your mouth – it doesn’t taste too bad either!)
Don’t forget to head over to Aduna‘s website to stock up and read through more food and beauty recipes!
I’ve added it to my skincare routine, so hope you like it too!